Do’s & Don’ts for Greeting Dogs
Did you know that there is a proper protocol for dogs when it comes to saying hello? Especially for dogs that you may not have met before. Fortunately, we’re paw-fessionals when it comes to understanding dog body language and behavior. Here are some tips that our fur-bulous staff uses for greeting doggies:
- Don’t lean over the dog and stick your hand in its face.
- Don’t lean over the dog and stick your hand on top of its head.
- Don’t grab or hug.
- Don’t stare them in the eyes (this is considered aggressive by dogs).
- Don’t squeal or shout in their faces.
- Don’t grab their head and kiss it (this is considered an invasion of space).
- Avoid eye contact.
- Let the dog approach in its own time.
- Keep your SIDE toward the dog; it’s non-threatening.
- Pet or stroke on the sides of the face or body, or on their back.
Call us or visit us online to find the paw-fect way to pamper your pooch or kitty with our award-winning pet sitting and dog walking services. We’ll put your pooch at ease every time!