Did you know that there is a proper protocol for dogs when it comes to saying hello? Especially for dogs that you may not have met before. Fortunately, we’re paw-fessionals when it comes to understanding dog body language and behavior. Here are some tips that our fur-bulous staff uses for greeting doggies:
- Don’t lean over the dog and stick your hand in its face.
- Don’t lean over the dog and stick your hand on top of its head.
- Don’t grab or hug.
- Don’t stare at them in the eyes (this is considered aggressive by dogs).
- Don’t squeal or shout in their faces.
- Don’t grab their heads and kiss them (this is considered an invasion of space).
- Avoid eye contact.
- Let the dog approach in its own time.
- Keep your SIDE toward the dog; it’s non-threatening.
- Pet or stroke the dog on the sides of the face, body, or back.
Call or visit Next Level Pet Care online to find the paw-fect way to pamper your pooch or kitty with our award-winning pet sitting and dog walking services. We’ll put your pooch at ease every time!
Next Level Pet Care 508.556.0656
“Enriching Pets Lives, One Household at a Time”