Hey fur-parents! At Next Level Pet Care, we’re dedicated to the health and wellness of your furry loves. That’s why we want to send out a PSA to let you know that in all likelihood, your pets are TERRIFIED of the fireworks that come along with Independence Day Celebrations. So to keep your pets safe and happy, we’ve got some 4th of July Pet Safety Tips that can help.
How Important Is Pet Safety for Independence Day?
Practicing 4th of July pet safety is more important than you might think. In fact, the American Humane Association reports that July 5th is the busiest day of the year for animal shelters.
Why? Well, because the day after the 4th of July, animal shelters all across the United States are inundated with pets that panicked at the noise of firecrackers and fled their yards and homes, winding up lost, injured, or killed.
4th of July Pet Safety Tips
Here are a few tips to keep your pet safe this Independence Day:
- Keep your pets indoors and secured at all times.
- Don’t give your pet alcohol; it’s poisonous to them, even in small amounts.
- Don’t give your pets “people” food; it can cause stomach upset.
- Don’t put glow-sticks or jewelry on your pet. If they chew on these items, it can cause bowel obstruction, gastrointestinal issues, poisoning, or worse.
- If you’re going to a fireworks display, leave your pet at home, safely secured so they can’t run out.
- Watch out for lighter fluids, matches, etc.
- Always make sure your pets have current identification tags, that they are microchipped (if applicable), and that their information is up to date.
- Never use fireworks around your pets!
With the right tips, you can enjoy the 4th of July while keeping your pet happy and safe too. If you need help with your pet while you’re enjoying the festivities, Next Level Pet Care is here for you. Our trained paw-fessionals know exactly what to do to keep your fur-kids safe and happy on the 4th of July and all year round!
Next Level Pet Care 508.556.0656
“Enriching Pets Lives, One Household at a Time”