Valentine’s day is approaching, and whether you’re happily single or content in a relationship with a significant other, you may be secretly thinking…” ugh.” And if you are, don’t beat yourself up because you’re not alone. A survey by PetFirst Pet Insurance found that 71% of pet owners would rather snuggle with their pet than their partner on Valentine’s day and other days too. Another survey by Rover.com found that 1 in 3 pet parents bring their pets on dates! So why might you consider spending this Valentine’s Day with your pet?
Reasons to Spend Valentine’s Day With Your Pet
- Does your fur-kid talk back? I didn’t think so. Moving on…
- Fur-kids shouldn’t have dessert, so you get to eat it all yourself!
- Your fur-kid couldn’t care less what you look like, or if you’ve showered or shaved; they just love YOU!
- If your date with your fur-kid starts to go south, there’s always the crate.
- No stress over break-ups because what crazy person would want to get rid of their fur-kid, right?
- We’re pretty sure tossing a ball or twitching some string would be considered a perfect date by your fur-kid. Maybe not so much for a “people” date.
- You’ll never be yelled at for having your face in your phone at dinner. A few gentle pats on the head, and your fur-kid is as happy as can be.
- Netflix and chill with your pet means… well… Netflix and actually chilling. Plus, you get to watch whatever you want. Snuggles included.
- Flowers and candy are poisonous to fur-kids. A $5.00 chew toy will keep them adoring you forever. Or until they gut-it to kill the “squeak” and need a new one. Either way…cheap date!
- Did we mention fur-kids can’t talk back?
Showering Your Pet With Love This Valentine’s Day
While we all love our pets and probably wish we could be with them all the time, sometimes we just can’t. If you can’t spend Valentine’s day with your pet this year, then get them the gift of a pet sitter or dog walker to show them some love. Let Next Level Pet Care meet your pet sitting, and dog walking needs this Valentine’s Day. Our trained professionals know exactly what to do to make your baby feel spec-pup-ular if you choose a “people” date over pet time.
Next Level Pet Care 508.556.0656
“Enriching Pets Lives, One Household at a Time”